Wednesday, April 2, 2014

escape to Seattle

Hooray for Spring! January and February end up being pretty hard months for Matt and I. (maybe the rest of the world too?) Between finances, the Holidays being over, the weather, oi! It gets a lil Dark Farm over here. So at the jump of Spring Break, Matt and I dropped off the boys at their grandparents and tried not to speed away too fast.
Seattle was the obvious choice for a weekend away. We left half our hearts in this city and were aching to visit. Two days downtown, eating our way through the city and two days at our dear friends guest house. It was the perfect trip.
The sunshine came out for us as it usually does. Not sure if the years we spent in the city were out of character, but we have no problem with Seattle weather. (having a WAY harder time with Idaho weather)
Salted Caramel and Thai Tea ice cream at Molly Moon's
Brunching with friends Ty and Rhiannon after date night with Hillary and Alfred. These friends really rolled out the red carpet for us. Rhiannon and Hillary also cooked up the most delicious spring supper for Matt and I's visit. All the while catching up and pouring drinks and welcoming a meercat into their home ;) I have missed these girls! (and Matt his fight nights in the Warbox)
As this girl!! Matt met up with a friend for a few hours while Linds and I toured her hip neighborhood and thrifted through Fremont.
She took basically the most amazing photos of me ever. (you know how you never like a photo of yourself? this was the complete opposite, brought out my narcisism in a big way ;) also, this one)
 Dan and Ellen treated us to dinner out at Brookyn's Oyster Bar. Amazing food, especially the Northwest Bouillabaisse. And this girl even tried a couple of those raw oysters! When in Rome...

 We grabbed breakfast at Homegrown before lunch at Buddha Ruksa. (some beach power walks in between) No pictures at Homegrown but it was delightful and the pictures of the Crispy Garlic Chicken may not seem like much but there is a reason it is called "Crack Chicken."
 Hard to drive home, but in the best way. And... we came home to Idaho rain.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you got some time away and I'm very jealous of your food trips, except for the raw oysters of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Pretty sure the car sat a bit lower on the ride home.
      The oysters were not my thing either :/

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Doll! We missed seeing you guys. DId you get any of my texts? I knew the timing wasn't great right after Singapore but I am hoping for some Rose time soon!

      Delete
    2. Ahh...I didn't get any of your texts. My phone was kind of testy when it made the switch from Singapore to Seattle. We definitely need some Archuleta time too! We are headed over the mountains this summer to visit my family and are hoping we might be able to make a detour to Idaho to visit you guys.

      Delete
    3. Yes! Please come see us! Glad it was a technical difficultly and not a subtle message to leave you alone ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh. I want a weekend foodie getaway with my love! Glad you still make time for yourselves and taste buds with all that you've got going on. And yes, this weather SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl! I cannot imagine the shift from Hawaii back to Idaho!!
      You are such a trooper.

      Delete