Thursday, December 5, 2013

the haps

Life lately; This fall was rich with reunions. We met up with family and friends we had missed while in Seattle. That cute blonde with Matt? That's Julie, she was the reason he graduated high school. Always lending him her notes or filling in him on the days he missed, I think it was like 54 days or something ridiculous.

 Also, it appears we have been reuniting with a lot of food. The Boise Fry Company along with friends and family giving us their eggs and potatoes and grapes for juicing. Hooray for the Idaho harvest! And the donuts! My fantastic friend Ruth brought them over in the midst of a homeschool disaster and saved the day. 

One last thing, I am reuniting with getting dressed. I joke that the reason I homeschool is that I don't have to put on pants. Yoga pants forever! But I found that maxi skirt pictured (twice!) and it may be the perfect solution.

After some very social months, this introvert has been doing a bit of hibernating. I have painted the living room and bathroom, it makes the hermittude kind of functional. Painting away and catching up on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals while the boys obsess over Minecraft and Matt watches the NFL. Tis the season for technology!

 I am already missing fall. Winter hit hard for me this year. I have been super anxious. Working through all that and listening to the lyrics,"oh for grace to trust Him more," on repeat. It is pretty fitting then that the view from our front porch is the cross.

9 comments:

  1. Ya the blog is back. Were excited for next weeks meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well for the you and the fam. Miss you guys! You are such a better blogger than I. I need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we were up there still, there I said it. So sad.

      Delete
  3. Hello fellow introvert. Love the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl! We gotta stick together! I cannot handle the butterfly guilt, I am bringing those over for your girls!!!

      Delete
    2. Are you serious!!! Hahah....it was all in good fun...

      Delete