Monday, November 4, 2013

Idaho Botanical Garden

My dads sister Tina was in town for a bit. She is a fun aunt who loves get out and explore. She told me the Botanical Gardens were have some kind of scarecrow competition and invited the boys and I to come check it out. I count these kind of excursions as school time so it was a two-for ;)

My cousin Becky was able to join us to boot! We lucked out on the perfect fall day, the place was full of gorgeous autumn color.

















The perfect outing until I asked Aden to stand next to these cattails...
...exactly one second after this picture, he fell in the water! He likes to tell people I pushed him in. (he changed with some clothes that were thankfully in the car and was promised a video game for his trouble)





 Sometimes this homebody just needs to get out and see this beautiful place we live, thanks Aunt Tina!

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't that sculpture thing the one that used to be in the mall? I was having a flash back or something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was! Funny, I didn't notice. Must have been too busy keeping kids OUT of the water ;)

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures so much! I need to take my girls over there- it's been a while. You made me allllll kinds of homesick for the East end! (I grew up right next door to Castle Rock!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!! I think Idaho is agreeing with you and your boys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the BOISE brick photo. Also, I heart that you keep and post the blurry pictures.

    ReplyDelete